Office Update and Message to Our Patients
SAFETY FIRST! In the era of the Covid 19 pandemic, special precautionary measures will continue to be needed so that Resurgent Head and Neck Specialists can ensure the safety of our patients and staff. This includes extra cleaning of patient rooms and common areas to minimize risk of corona virus transmission by asymptomatic patients (or staff members). We are now open for most routine in-office care by appointment and by referrals, however we are not able to see any patients with known or suspected active Covid 19 infection as this would place the most vulnerable patients who come to the office at unacceptable risk.
- All patients coming into the office must wear a mask in the office at all times. (masks may be removed for exams as requested and as needed by the physician!)
- Patients will be screened upon arrival for fever, symptoms of active Covid 19 infection or recent exposure history.
- All office staff and our physician will be wearing masks at all times
- All office staff and our physician are screened for Covid 19 and temperatures checked daily
- The waiting room is closed for waiting – after check in , patients will be asked to wait in their car until called or texted.
- TELE-MEDICINE: Non -urgent or routine follow up visits, especially for elderly or at risk patients may be able to be done by TELE-MEDICINE. (Requires a smart phone) For some of our patients, tele-medicine is a convenient and travel saving option for care. If a Tele-Medicine visit is preferred, please let the scheduling assistant know. We will suggest this as the preferred option at time of scheduling if recommended by the doctor.
- ALLERGY PATIENTS: We have resumed cutaneous allergy testing. Allergy injections for immunotherapy will continue….a reminder…waiting is in the car after check in, and for some post injection observation. Wear a mask at all times in the office!